Logging into Netgear Router gives you accessibility to various settings that can be tweaked from the dashboard. From the dashboard of the Netgear Router, one can change the password, the name of the connection, and various other settings. Given below are some steps that will help you log in to the Netgear Router.
Finding The Netgear Router’s Address
To login to the Netgear router, you will have to first find the router’s address. For Mac-based devices and for Windows computers the process can be different. First of all, you will have to make sure that you are connected to the network or the Netgear router via the Wireless connection or LAN cable. Only if you are connected to the router, then you will be able to login to the dashboard. Once your computer is connected to the Netgear router you can continue ahead. when the NetGear router is not working then you need to fix the issue by using few easy tricks.
Finding The Router’s Address In Windows
- You can click on the start icon at the bottom left corner of your screen or press the Windows key on your keyboard to open the start menu. Then click on the Settings option in the menu. You can either open the settings by press Windows+ I together.
- Once the setting menu opens up, click on the network and internet option that appears on the menu.
- Then on the next page that appears, click on the properties option below the network you are connected to.
- You will be able to view the properties of your network, including MAC address, default gateway address, SSID, protocol, security type, network band, etc.
- Now copy the default gateway address which you will be using to enter the login page of the router.
Finding The Router’s Address In Mac
- The very first step to finding the router’s address is to visit the Apply menu. Click on the Apple logo at the menu bar, at the top left corner. When you click on the icon, it will display a list of functions you can perform. In the list that appears click on system preferences.
- Now on the window that appears click on the network option. From here you will have to enable the option to automatically join the network. Also, note that you will have to enable the ‘show Wi-Fi state’ from the menu bar. You will see the ‘Advanced’ option on the screen, click on it.
- Click on TCP/IP tab, in the new window that opens up. By clicking on the tab you will be able to see your IP configuration, address, and other details about your Wi-Fi connection.
- You will also be able to locate the router’s address, you can copy it to enter the login page of your Netgear router.
Requirements To Login To Router
There are certain requirements you need to fulfill before you log in to the router.
- Make sure you have the Router’s address, which you will get by following the above method.
- You must be connected to the router. You can connect to your router wirelessly, or via LAN cable.
- You must have a browser on your computer.
- To login to the dashboard, you will also need the username and password for the dashboard.
Steps To Login To Your Router
- Open the browser on your computer. Now on the address bar where you enter the website address, enter the gateway address of your Netgear router.
- Now you will see a login page open for your Netgear Router. The login page will only open if you are connected to your router, if not then the login page will not open up.
- On the login page enter the username and password. If you are using the dashboard for the first time, then the username will be ‘username’, and the password will be ‘password’. In some cases, the username and password are given behind the router or the at the box of the router. If you have bought the router from a 3rd party vendor from which you are having an internet connection, then they might have to change the credentials. If so, you can ask for the changed username and password.
- Once you have entered the username and password for the router’s dashboard, click on the login button you will see on the page. Now, wait for the page to redirect you to the dashboard. However, this can take some time.
- Once done, you will have the access to the dashboard of the Netgear router, and you will be able to tweak the settings. to know more about Netgear router login do check out the link given.
If you are unable to login to the router’s dashboard with the above method, then you can try troubleshooting the issues associated by visiting the support page of your router. You can also try clearing the cache of the browser to check If it works.